Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rotten Egg

I clearly have scrambled eggs for brains, or maybe just scrambled eggs on the brain.

Today we tackled (what I thought was) the fairly remedial assignment of egg preparation. After reviewing and seeing every way under the sun, or over the stove rather, to cook an egg, we were asked to produce a serving of Eggs Florentine and the Fine Herb Omelette.



Eggs Florentine is a dish of poached eggs that rest over a bed of cooked garlic and butter spinach, topped with the cheesy Sauce Mornay. It is broiled for a moment to brown the *optional* extra cheese topping. It's decadent, delicious, (possibly deadly), and a definite hangover-helper.

My Florentines were fine, but when it came to the Fine-s-herbs...I failed.

I give you the Fine Flop:



Needless to say, I will be having eggs, excuse me omelettes ALL weekend.


Darcy Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment