Monday, February 15, 2010

The Licks of Love


It's been a week of celebration here in London.

Valentine's Day is upon us, and in my own world this week also marks one year since my now husband and I got engaged. It's hard to believe that that afternoon was just one year ago, as sitting here this Sunday, about the same time as I was last February, I am again unpacking boxes. Last year it was unwrapping the first of my things from my old apartment, and this year it's undoing the last of our essentials to make the transatlantic journey.

Whether I take the notion 'with each year, a new adventure' all too literally, or I'm just fated to a nomadic existence, I'm not sure. But I do know that choosing to leap and not look back has always been the right decision. Sounds rather impulsive? Maybe for some, but when you find courage in your convictions that old fork in the road seems to fade into one long straightaway and you find yourself trying to control a led foot.

But today I am clearly just pussyfooting around:

Beaming from our breakfast in bed



and enraptured by my red velvet roses,


I decided that in honor of the day of decadence I would keep up this Sunday of sweets. My gift to you, The Gateau Alhambra:





Named after a similar cake produced at the famous Alhambra Palace Hotel in granada this cake is filled with nothing but dense chocolate (and yes, the marzipan rose is a personal milestone).



And to finish off the evening my Plush Passion Fruit Palmiers:



I like to think of them as the palate cleanser no?



Here's to a life worth loving.



Darcy Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment